Make an impact as a Overnight Facilities Supervisor at Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York's most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta, and Porchlight to name a few!
The Facilities Supervisor will strive to increase overall efficiency in the day to day operations within Manhatta and throughout the 28 Liberty facility. This position will provide direct support for the Facilities Manager to ensure proper maintenance of the kitchen, event space and the equipment throughout the location. This position will be responsible for leading the overnight porter team to effectively execute their daily tasks. Other responsibilities include assistance in ensuring the compliance of DOH and HACCP standards set for receiving and food storage. Our ideal candidate is enthusiastic, has strong work ethic and enjoys motivating a team!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Lead the Overnight porter team in completing their daily tasks
- Make decisions that would benefit the overall accomplishments of the team
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Complete all assigned administrative requirements accurately and on time
- Organize and maintain the dishwashing station and surrounding area
- Organize and maintain the cleanliness of all common work areas
- Lead in the washing of kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors and walls
- Assist with the improvement of all aspects of Repairs and Maintenance (R&M) throughout the facility
- Collaborate with the Facilities Manager to assess items on R&M checklist for repair and take initiative to repair before outside vendors are solicited for work
- Work in conjunction with Operations and BOH managers to control labor costs by creating and maintaining systems that effectively manage labor expense and curb unnecessary labor expenditures
- Remain current and compliant with HR practices and policies
- Ensure DOL/Health Department compliance as it pertains to the operation
- Assist the manager in holding employees accountable to all standards and practices, evaluating and/or following disciplinary procedure when necessary
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first