Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The Premier Associate Technical Support Engineer will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s Premier Support customer base. As a member of SumTotal Customer Support, Technical Support Engineers provide real-time technical support on SumTotal Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers and by using SumTotal's internal incident tracking system. This position will have accounts assigned directly or be partnered with another ASE to support their accounts. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success using our products. The job involves handling and resolving technical queries and issues in the areas of product functionality or architecture and defect correction. The position is responsible for maintaining a high and personalized quality of customer support with our strategic customer base, being aware of the breadth of SumTotal’s service and solution offerings and identifying opportunities that bring the customer’s objectives and SumTotal’s solutions together for mutual benefit.
- Develop a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s range of enterprise products
- Develop a deep knowledge of assigned customer’s products and business objectives
- Develop knowledge base articles
- Communicating with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media as applicable regarding technically complex problems identified in SumTotal’s software products, and maintaining effective customer relations
- Develop problem solving understanding in order to understand and solve user problems, ranging in complexity from basic to technically complex, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues
- Partner with cross-functional teams as needed on complex customer issues and ensure root cause of issue is resolved.
- Escalate & facilitate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive internal teams in support of solution needs and customer timelines around cases.
- Resolve incidents and provide ongoing communication to customers during the issue resolution process as per SLA’s and defined goals
- Create and Publish internal and customer-facing knowledge base documentation to enhance customer engagement with SumTotal’s self-service options.
- Serve as a customer advocate within the SumTotal organization. Ensure customers are able to execute their business objectives through use of our application.
- Provide customer reporting on case trends and contract compliance. (Both internally and externally as needed)
- Identify, document and maintain required technical customer specific documentation to effectively support customer solution
- Develop and maintain detailed meeting notes and action plans for supported customers, including internal and external executive level summary reports.
- Participates in monthly/quarterly customer reviews
- Attend assigned training
- Participate in supporting all the ASE team members and customer base.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, Accounting, Digital Forensics, Psychology or other technology-related degrees highly recommended OR 2 years work experience in information technology field.
• Technical knowledge or ability to learn structured query language (SQL) or Oracle, database theory and queries.
• Any reporting tool (from Excel to more complete like Power BI, Quikview, Tableau…) to analyze tabular results is strongly recommended.
• Flexibility to work in rotating shifts.
• Customer service minded.
• Strong attention to detail with an analytical thought process, with good to excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to grow and work in a team.
• New Graduates and experienced (0-2) candidates can apply for this position.
• Background in application support & SAAS environment is advantageous.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.