Make an impact as a Service Manager at Untitled and Studio Cafe located in the Whitney Museum!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Service Manager will collaborate directly with General Manager and Assistant General Manager to lead and manage all facets of the Front of House operations at Whit Food, including Untitled, Studio Cafe, coffee cart, and internal catering events. The Service Manager will develop a well-trained, knowledgeable service team while achieving unparalleled hospitality raves and aggressively seeking opportunities for industry recognition.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service at Untitled
- Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods
- Ensure rigorous knowledge of and adherence to all applicable laws, policies and procedures
- Continuously build a high-performance team
- At least 3+ years of operations/culinary experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook etc.
- Strong understanding of fine dining food, reservations, service & beverage programs
- Excellent understanding of USHG culture/philosophy
- Understanding of restaurant financial knowledge (P&L /budget/food & labor costs)
- Proficient in restaurant POS systems (Avero/Micros etc.) and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Excellent dining room and facilities operations knowledge
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- English required
- Spanish and French are useful
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or certification in hospitality-related field or equivalent expertise gained from time on the job
- TIPS certified
- NYC Food Handling Certificate
- CPR/1st Aid Certified
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.