Make a meaningful impact as a Supervisor at Caffe Marchio!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Caffe Marchio, located in the Redbury Hotel, honors the Roman tradition of delicious coffee in an energetic and convivial environment. Open from morning through early evening, Caffe Marchio serves up a proprietary roast designed to evoke the gutsy character of Roman espresso and to complement the array of breakfast sandwiches and traditional Italian pastries.
At midday, casual and hearty Roman inspired fare, including sandwiches, salads and soups will be available along with an afternoon selection of beer and wine. As in the neighborhood coffee bars of Rome, the airy interiors are lined with terrazzo countertops for stand-up, on-the-go refueling. Caffe Marchio is part of Union Square Hospitality Group and sister to Marta restaurant, also located in the Redbury Hotel.
Caffe Marchio is looking for a skilled, passionate and enthusiastic Supervisor on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate must be able to speak the language of coffee, while delivering genuine hospitality and excellent service. They must create memorable guest experiences and cultivate relationships with our regulars. Experience working in the coffee/cafe industry is required. Individual must be dependable, thrive in a team environment and embody warm hospitality. The ability to multi-task and remain calm under pressure is necessary for success. Our staff needs to relentlessly strive for an excellent, consistent product for our guests to enjoy. They also make and serve all food ordered. Barista team members must also uphold the highest standards of cleanliness and organization in accordance with DOH and Marta criteria.
Caffe Marchio is an energetic and exciting environment with many opportunities to learn and grow. Professionals in this role will need to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of coffee/tea, along with food, beverage, ingredients and dish preparations on our menu. Successful candidates require excellent communication skills and a pleasant friendly attitude toward their colleagues and guests. Ideal applicants are professional with a sense of humor and a strong passion for hospitality.
Candidates must have a flexible schedule. Caffe Marchio is open from 7 am to 9 pm, 7 days a week.
As a Supervisor, you will be able to:
- Actively delegates responsibilities to teammates in a positive and enlightened way.
- Demonstrate awareness of resources on the floor that are directly impacting the guest experiences.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn more about the menu through active participation at line up and during service.
- Demonstrate good tableside manner and the ability to manage each station during service.
- Exhibits advanced knowledge of Micros systems and can train teammates on system use.
- Demonstrates awareness of resources on the floor that are directly impacting the guest experiences.
- When closing, ensures teammates are supported per the outlined sidework and closing protocols.
- Continuously build a high performance team
- In conjunction with Management, train staff according to standards for hospitality and excellence.
- Provide continuous training and leadership to develop and grow all team members.
- Ensure that staff members are performing at their best and meeting guest needs
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first