Title: Senior Product Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Will you be next to join our team?
SumTotal is currently seeking an individual to join our Product Management team and drive efforts to deliver the most compelling Human Capital Management solutions in the market. In this capacity you will work cross-functionally to develop agile stories and with engineering to deliver industry leading products to market.
- Partner with Engineering in an agile environment by developing user stories and working closely with scrum teams.
- Identify and articulate customer and market needs
- Work closely with customers to solicit feedback on products and roadmaps, gather requirements for new features, engage customers in meetings, conferences and advisory boards
- Monitor competitive landscape, anticipate competitive response to changing market dynamics and proactively develop strategies to combat activity
- Enable internal field sales and support organizations for new releases or product launches through content development and training.
- Plan and execute product announcements, and help coordinate βeta testing of our products
- Help build, coordinate, and maintain relationships with key customers.
- Drive internal and external adoption of our products.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS (minimum) in business, IT or related discipline
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software-specific Product Management or Business Analysis required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following areas id desired: learning systems, talent acquisition, talent management, workforce management, reporting systems, mobile app development
- Technical experience and a strong understanding of modern system integration and software development practices is desired
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence or other Agile software development tools is desired
- Experience working with a virtual team is desired
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.