Senior Project Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Must be a strong advocate for production and process efficiencies with ability to drive projects to execution
Ownership and Accountability for successful project outcomes with strong financial acumen
Manage Stakeholder expectations, delivering learner/user centric products. Provide support to internal and external stakeholder groups involved in content development
Ability to multi tasks between Custom Content and Skillsoft Library IT /Compliance Content projects.
- Lead the projects rather than manage the projects
- Ability to listen, to be clear and ensure you’re understood.
- Effectively convey vision, ideas, goals, and issues—as well as produce data driven reports and presentations
- Foster stakeholder relationships globally while balancing the project requirements
- Promote team work, resolve (Project and People), conflict, set goals and evaluate performance and make sure team members have the tools, process knowledge and resources that they need to get things done.
- Coach and guide team on process and production excellence
- Organize tasks in the right order, to hit the right outcome at the right time
- Stay focused and be able to manage own time and others effectively for successful project outcomes
- Identify recurring issues in the content produced by the project teams and take corrective and preventive measures.
- Identify risks well before they become issues and come up with effective mitigation plans so that the risk of them ever becoming issues is nullified.
- Manage vendor work allocation, coordination, schedule and performance.
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- May be required to work on once-off projects/initiatives or ongoing project work as required or other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned from time to time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years of hands on progressive project management work experience in fast paced eLearning content development/ custom content development/ content production organization in a similar role leading/managing global projects is essential for this role.
- Hands-on experience of leading eLearning projects using 2D, 3D assets, Motion graphics, Info graphics and Animations, videos.
- Excellent communication (excellent written and verbal skills), influencing and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven skills in developing effective partnerships with key stakeholders and providing leadership support for driving change initiatives
- Hands on experience with strong working knowledge of project management practices
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.