Title: Principal Product Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
SumTotal is currently seeking an individual to join our Product Management team and drive efforts to deliver the most compelling Human Capital Management solutions in the market. In this capacity you will work cross-functionally to develop agile stories and with engineering to deliver industry leading products to market.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS (minimum) in business, IT or related discipline
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software-specific Product Management or Business Analysis required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following areas id desired: learning systems, talent acquisition, talent management, workforce management, reporting systems, mobile app development
- Technical experience and a strong understanding of modern system integration and software development practices is desired
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence or other Agile software development tools is desired
- Experience working with a virtual team is desired
- Ability to travel to industry and partner events
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.