Position Title Project Manager - Center of Excellence
Team Professional Services
Reporting Relationship Sr. Manager, Professional Services
Skillsoft’s Professional Services team provides world-class, value-add services that enable our customers to maximize the impact of their learning investment. We do this through the strategic utilization of content, technology and learning and development methodologies that drive business results.
The Manager, Professional Services Center of Excellence (CoE) position is responsible for the day to day operations of the CoE including workload distribution, people management and development, process development and implementation, and coordination of CoE projects and activities with the Professional Services Delivery teams and the PMO. The Professional Services CoE Manager is knowledgeable in all aspects of the roles within the CoE, including learning administration, marketing, Skillsoft products, and platforms. In addition, the position is responsible for process development and implementation of center operations, infrastructure development and business operations. Excellent communication and organizational skills are also required. This position will also be responsible for some delivery of project-based work within the Professional Services group.
- Directly supervise the Professional Services Center of Excellence team, including directing their professional development.
- Train team members in all aspects of their job roles, including delivering services and internal processes such as time tracking.
- Design, document and implement work processes to improve group operational efficiencies.
- Establish and maintain the required infrastructure to support effective and efficient operations and the measurement/tracking thereof.
- Ensure all required documentation for both individual projects and CoE operations is created and maintained.
- Maintain strong relationships and coordination with global Professional Services Delivery, Implementation, and PMO teams as necessary for project delivery and operational consistency across Professional Services teams.
- Provide support for global customers and time zones.
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with the project scope and to the quality standards required.
- Meet or exceed the goals of the department by effectively communicating its mission to employees and ensuring the execution thereof.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Skillsoft products and services.
- Serve as subject matter expert on Professional Services CoE functions and processes.
- Ensure all client-based and internal requests/projects/inquiries are responded to correctly and expeditiously.
- University degree in education, business, computer science, or a combination of post-secondary education and related experience.
- Demonstrated 3-5 years of relationship management experience in related field.
- Experience in managing a team in a fast-paced work environment.
- Advanced Excel skills, marketing background.
- Expertise in the learning industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise.
- Strong project management, time management and organizational skills, an ability to perform under pressure.
- Team player and a strong relationship builder.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
- General managerial skills, including
- Problem solving and decision making
- Effective leadership skills with the ability to empower and motivate employees towards a common goal and/or vision
- People development skills to improve employee’s effectiveness and performance
- Operational expertise (process and infrastructure)
- Time management
- Team building
- Change management
- Ability to review processes and develop efficiencies to streamline efforts.
- Experience working with global teams would be preferred.
- Advanced level of desktop application skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of basic marketing principles include layout, copy writing and working with graphics.
- Superior customer service skills demonstrating responsiveness, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Exceptional consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to be adaptable and establish solid working relationships across all levels of the customer project team.
- Contributes original and resourceful ideas in brainstorming sessions and sees opportunities for creative problem solving while staying within the parameters of good practice.Generates unique but workable and useful solutions to difficult problems and thinks in terms of desired outcomes.
Travel Limited International
Working Hours 40 hours per week and as needed
Location Hyderabad, India