Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of server resource; routine administration, preventative maintenance, monitoring and decision making during critical failures, deployments and projects
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams
- Design and perform server audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other applications
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for new systems and upgrades
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
- Participates within the global IT teams to ensure a highly available global IT infrastructure
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies and procedures
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a technology discipline or an equivalent combination of training, vendor certification (Microsoft/VMware) and work experience
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills are essential
- 5+ years experience managing and administering VMware vSphere 5.x / 6.x and disaster recovery technologies
- 5+ years experience with storage products like Nimble and 3Par
- 4-5 years experience with O365 with administration, implementation, Exchange, SharePoint, Groups and Teams
- 4-5 years of experience with Active Directory and Group Policies
- 4-5 years of experience with Microsoft SQL server
- Experience with scripting language
- Thorough understanding of DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, TCP/IP
- On-call 24x7 rotation schedule (includes cell)
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.