Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft is looking for a creative and passionate Value Practice Consultant to make meaningful contributions to pipeline growth. Some examples of the projects and collaborations you'll enjoy in the role include:
- Contributing to deal strategy for some of the world's most recognized brands.
- Developing compelling value propositions to open doors among cold prospects or expand current partnerships in existing accounts across a range of verticals.
- Conducting and delivering financial analysis to reflect Skillsoft's combined content and platform value.
- Collaborate with client-side executive sponsors to validate needs, map the decision process, and build consensus for funding with stakeholders.
- Building persuasive C-level presentations and value-driven proposals in partnership with Sales.
- Defining workflows, toolkits, and practices that help scale our capabilities globally
You will work closely with our Sales, Services, Solution Architects, Customer Success, and Marketing teams. Specifically, this role is passionate about helping build the business value proposition and grow pipeline. Must enjoy working with Salespeople. Candidates who are successful in a Value Engineering role tend to possess common attributes and mindsets. Some examples include:
An innovative problem-solver who likes change.
- A bias toward action.
- Likes opportunities to learn and demonstrate responsibility.
- Able to deal with pressure and multiple priorities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with prospective customers, Sales, and Solution Engineering to identify, prioritize and quantify key business drivers (metrics) and understand how our solutions will help customers meet their business goals.
- Manage 1-3 team-level projects throughout each year to help noticeably improve efficiency, quality, and/or overall capability of the Value Practice.
- Craft and deliver executive level presentations to CxOs.
- Provide qualitative and quantitative analysis as part of the business case.
- Process and analyze data collected by Sales Teams and Customer Success; assimilate and translate into value message, business case, and/or proposal.
- Identify appropriate operational and financial metrics impacted by Skillsoft solution and develop ROI / Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models to quantify the strategic value.
- Use approved tools to build business cases and generate branded deliverables.
- Coach Sales Team on the information/discovery needed to validate alignment and build business case.
- Persuade buyers via storytelling with data and supporting information included.
- Develop reusable tools/templates to help scale the team's reach across Skillsoft's 6000+ global customer base
Skills & Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree from a top university in a quantitative field (e.g. Business, finance, economics, math, engineering, marketing, or related areas)
- Strong listening skills
- Excellent research skills Agile mindset - willingness to "fail fast", adapt based on feedback, iterate, and collaborate successfully to produce tangible results quickly
- Demonstrated relevant experience, ideally in Strategy Consulting or another analytical role in a professional services environment.
- Experience delivering presentations (internally or externally facing)
- Executive presence
- A self-starter who takes initiative, is creative, has high energy, and would thrive in a transforming environment
- Confident and able to lead and deliver results amid ambiguity
- Excellent quantitative analysis and financial modeling skills
- Experience in a sales environment would be a plus
- Deep knowledge of IT and Human Resources would be a plus
- Willingness for occasional travel (25%)
- Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
- Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
- Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.