Make a meaningful impact as a Culinary Station Supervisor at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Wholesale Kitchen Supervisor is responsible for working in conjunction with all the USE teams at the commissary to make sure food production and packing process are conducted efficiently and in a timely manner for a wide array of businesses.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Execute daily pack out process based on guidance from culinary supervisors and management team
- Arrive on time and in the proper uniform on a daily basis
- Possess a general knowledge of food safety and sanitation
- Show a high level of motivation and hunger to learn
- Work well in collaboration with a team
- Show an ability to communicate with team members and management team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 2-3 years of experience in high volume commissary, catering or hotel/restaurant establishment
- Ability to work with other Kitchen Supervisors and Station Supervisors to ensure USE standards of kitchen organization and cleanliness
- Ability to properly pack according to standard operating procedures for deliverers to different venues
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of product rotation and storage based on the guidelines from the Kitchen Manager
- Demonstrates understanding of USE systems to complete pack out for daily production for deliveries
- Ability to safely and effectively use all packing equipment at the USE commissary, this can include but is not limited to palette jacks, tipper tie machines, etc.