Technical Support Engineer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will play a critical role in providing technical assistance for SumTotal’s global customer base. As a member of SumTotal’s Customer Services organization, the TSE will provide real-time support on our Enterprise products through e-mail and phone interactions with customers. The fundamental goal of this position is to help our customers achieve success with use our products. This position involves handling and resolving complex technical queries and issues in the areas of product functionality, architecture, or defect correction.
Skills & Qualifications:
Develop a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s enterprise products.
- Communicate effectively with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media sources to set expectations and maintain positive customer relations.
- Solve common to complex user problems and answer questions in real time related to: software functionality, data communication/networking, installation, Operating Systems, and Web-Browser.
- Escalate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate technical staff.
- Resolve incidents in a timely manner as per Service Level Agreements.
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Industrial Engineering, or other technology-related degrees.
- Technical knowledge in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server, or HTML.
- Flexible to work in rotating shifts.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.