UX Designer II
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
The User Experience Designer reports to the Director of User Experience and is responsible for designing beautiful, intuitive products that enhance the experience with our learning platforms. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work as part of an Agile/Lean squad, while collaborating with other UX designers on both existing and new products.
The ideal candidate will excel in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with team collaboration and open communication. You will work closely with members of your team as well as other teams globally. This is a unique opportunity to join a well-established company that is transitioning to Agile methodology and cloud products. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and offer a start-up mentality with the stability of a mature company.
- Partner closely with product owners to prioritize product development goals; collaborate with team members in formulating data-driven product workflow assumptions
- Create user interfaces in the product that are beautiful, efficient, and take advantage of next-generation technologies and techniques
- Produce flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final comps for mobile and desktop applications
- Communicate and present design vision to key stakeholders to build cross-functional consensus
- Actively participate in research activities such as customer interviews and usability testing sessions as needed; able to produce complex working prototypes and make rapid iterations to prototypes that incorporate customer feedback
- Work with engineers to implement designs; work with product and engineering management to ensure efficient testing and release of designs into the product
- Be a customer advocate, driving user needs and goals into both creative and pragmatic design solutions
- Ensure that designs keep to a vision of the desired end-to-end user experience
- Provide project estimates for design time and effort
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years experience as a hands-on UX designer through the development cycle of successfully launched web applications
- Experience with industry-standard UX practices; strong understanding of product development and all user experience disciplines; experience with Lean UX and Agile methodologies
- Knowledge of product design and prototyping software, as well as familiarity with front-end code and web/mobile-based environments
- Demonstrated experience designing complex workflows and interfaces for desktop or mobile products, demonstrated by a portfolio that highlights recent work and your design decisions
- Experienced in the application of user-centered philosophies and interaction design best practices. Well-versed in the latest UI/UX trends and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a proactive problem solver able to handle multiple complex projects and tasks; must be deeply collaborative and comfortable working as part of a dynamic product team
- Solid understanding of brand standards; capable of executing designs that support and communicate the Skillsoft brand value
- Detail-oriented, resourceful, with excellent follow-through
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and 508 Accessibility guidelines is a strong plus
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS or related degree is preferred
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.