Solution Architect Director (Singapore)
The Solution Architect Director (SA Director) is an integral member of the SumTotal organisation. The Solution Architect team are SumTotal’s highly skilled product and functional presales professionals who are experts in uncovering business challenges and determining how SumTotal’s innovative learning, talent and workforce solutions can solve these business issues.
The SA Director manages and leads the SA team within the APAC region. Their team will drive business growth in the region by achieving the technical signoff as vendor of choice so the Customer Sales Director (CSD) can get contractual signoff to close the deal. The SA Director not only provides leadership, prioritisation and development opportunities for SAs in their team but may also help win new business and supports renewals for strategic deals. The SA Director will enable, mentor and guide others on sales strategy and product fit, configuring and performing product demonstrations in response to customer needs, managing sandboxes / evaluations and setting appropriate expectations during the sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction whilst supporting other processes in the sales cycle as appropriate.
- Arranges and help deliver onboarding training for new members of the team.
- Manage the workload, priorities and goal achievement for their team, including allocation of new opportunities as they come in.
- Schedule and conducts regular personal development sessions with the team.
- Lead and distribute research on prospects, industries, competitors to help others better consult with the sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
- Develop and deliver highly compelling demonstrations, evaluations, pilot requests and presentations that illustrate the company's solutions and share with the team how they add value to our customers.
- Effectively responds to prospect’s or customer’s concerns by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the company’s products and solutions. The SA Director should be able to elevate a conversation from the features and functions of the product to the business value that it will bring.
- Able to lead and mentor others to have conversations on technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to the customer’s and prospect’s environment and technical requirements.
- Guide the RFI/RFP process including setting RFP strategy, review of RFP team’s response, answer highly technical parts, respond to follow-up questions, prepare and deliver customer presentation.
- Lead prospect planning sessions to identify ways to support progression of key opportunities.
- Define and use documents and process to transfer key prospect information to the services team for quoting and implementation kick off purposes. This role should also be able to strongly guide the services team on the appropriate packages as well as present services related information to prospects.
- Be recognised as thought leader and proactively drive pipeline generation and marketing activities. This includes creating and leading webinars and presenting as a panel or session speaker at conferences.
- Maintain superior industry knowledge and trends relating to HCM technologies including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Learning Management technologies and then mentor others as write published articles on these topics.
- Maintain an exceedingly high level of knowledge and skills on the company's products and solutions and then mentor and train others on this material.
- Own and promote ongoing improvement to process efficiencies.
- Enter key prospect activities and opportunity progress into Salesforce.
- Field based employee required to travel 60% of the time.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role in the enterprise software space, with a track record of partnering with Sales in exceeding sales targets.
- 5+ years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) or related industry.
- Superior people management abilities, who puts their time and energy into cultivating other leaders, because they realise that people are their organisation's most important asset.
- Highly self-motived individual with a passion for and strong capability with technology.
- Superior overall communication capabilities, with the ability to compellingly articulate the company's offerings and develop solutions for customers and prospects.
- Ability to operate with urgency, be assertive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Very strong stakeholder management abilities.
- High technical and business expertise to evaluate project needs and create leading edge solutions.
- In-house expert who can help others expand their knowledge and stay current with evolving technology
- Able to train and mentor others on how to deliver a great demo
- Able to train and mentor others with image & video editing and creation tools.
- Able to train and mentor others in using Salesforce and other digital business tools.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!