Solution Architect Director
Vice President, Solution Architects – Global
The Solution Architect Director (SA Director) is an integral member of the SumTotal organisation. The Solution Architect team are SumTotal’s highly skilled product and functional presales professionals who are experts in uncovering business challenges and determining how SumTotal’s innovative learning, talent and workforce solutions can solve these business issues.
The SA Director manages and leads the SA team within the APAC region. Their team will drive business growth in the region by achieving the technical signoff as vendor of choice so the Customer Sales Director (CSD) can get contractual signoff to close the deal. The SA Director not only provides leadership, prioritisation and development opportunities for SAs in their team but may also help win new business and supports renewals for strategic deals. The SA Director will enable, mentor and guide others on sales strategy and product fit, configuring and performing product demonstrations in response to customer needs, managing sandboxes / evaluations and setting appropriate expectations during the sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction whilst supporting other processes in the sales cycle as appropriate.
- Arranges and help deliver onboarding training for new members of the team.
- Manage the workload, priorities and goal achievement for their team, including allocation of new opportunities as they come in.
- Schedule and conducts regular personal development sessions with the team.
- Lead and distribute research on prospects, industries, competitors to help others better consult with the sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
- Develop and deliver highly compelling demonstrations, evaluations, pilot requests and presentations that illustrate the company's solutions and share with the team how they add value to our customers.
- Effectively responds to prospect’s or customer’s concerns by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the company’s products and solutions. The SA Director should be able to elevate a conversation from the features and functions of the product to the business value that it will bring.
- Able to lead and mentor others to have conversations on technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to the customer’s and prospect’s environment and technical requirements.
- Guide the RFI/RFP process including setting RFP strategy, review of RFP team’s response, answer highly technical parts, respond to follow-up questions, prepare and deliver customer presentation.
- Lead prospect planning sessions to identify ways to support progression of key opportunities.
- Define and use documents and process to transfer key prospect information to the services team for quoting and implementation kick off purposes. This role should also be able to strongly guide the services team on the appropriate packages as well as present services related information to prospects.
- Be recognised as thought leader and proactively drive pipeline generation and marketing activities. This includes creating and leading webinars and presenting as a panel or session speaker at conferences.
- Maintain superior industry knowledge and trends relating to HCM technologies including Talent Acquisition, Talent Management and Learning Management technologies and then mentor others as write published articles on these topics.
- Maintain an exceedingly high level of knowledge and skills on the company's products and solutions and then mentor and train others on this material.
- Own and promote ongoing improvement to process efficiencies.
- Enter key prospect activities and opportunity progress into Salesforce.
- Field based employee required to travel 60% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role in the enterprise software space, with a track record of partnering with Sales in exceeding sales targets.
- 5+ years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) or related industry.
- Superior people management abilities, who puts their time and energy into cultivating other leaders, because they realise that people are their organisation's most important asset.
- Highly self-motived individual with a passion for and strong capability with technology.
- Superior overall communication capabilities, with the ability to compellingly articulate the company's offerings and develop solutions for customers and prospects.
- Ability to operate with urgency, be assertive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Very strong stakeholder management abilities.
- High technical and business expertise to evaluate project needs and create leading edge solutions.
- In-house expert who can help others expand their knowledge and stay current with evolving technology
- Able to train and mentor others on how to deliver a great demo
- Able to train and mentor others with image & video editing and creation tools.
- Able to train and mentor others in using Salesforce and other digital business tools.
- Customer Focused – Personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Initiative – Recognises opportunities and initiates actions to capitalise on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact.
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise.
- Building Organisational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organisation. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organisation are met.