Make an impact as a Catering Line Cook at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Catering Line Cook for Union Square Events is responsible for the daily execution of menus used for Union Square Events B&I accounts. This cook will work closely with the culinary supervisor to monitor food and prepare products for daily service at the B&I Location. This position is responsible for executing daily breakfast and lunch buffet menus in a corporate office setting. Daily responsibilities include working alongside the Culinary Supervisor to heat, plate and serve the menu, while maintaining a clean, organized work area.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1-2 years of Catering or B&I culinary experience