Make an impact as an Assistant General Manager at Union Square Cafe!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Assistant General Manager will work closely with the General Manager and will plan and coordinate the operations of their business unit by working closely with the Director of Operations. Together they ensure that the operational areas of their business are aligned with the mission of the business and the vision and core values of Union Square Hospitality Group. An integral member of the USHG leadership, this position must lead, inspire and embody our Family Values and our philosophy of Enlightened Hospitality in all interactions with our people, guests, vendors and the community.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Participation in annual bonus plan and long-term incentive plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Ensure the excellence of the service and hospitality provided by the entire team.
- Lead the management team and staff in providing a consistently outstanding guest experience
- Ensure that the entire team is informed of restaurant and USHG initiatives
- Direct and supervise the HR practices of the business in order to maintain a top-notch, high performing team
- Guide all unit departments in upholding the excellence and efficiency of the business operations
- Ensure the business delivers on the brand promise while achieving desired profitability
- Engage business unit team with aligned community investment activities
- Continuously build a high-performance team
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 5+ years of running a successful restaurant
- Proficient knowledge of systems and processes in food cost management
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to lead and empower a team
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s degree preferred
- English fluency and Spanish preferred