Position Title: Principle Software Engineer
Reports to: Madhav Murthy T
Office Location: Hyderabad
Department: Skillsoft (Percipio)
1. About Company:
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the World, over 400 million learners and currently supporting more than 6000 customers including half the Fortune 500!
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product. See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey
2. Position Overview/ Job Summary
To succeed in this challenging journey, we have setup multiple co-located team across the globe (Hyderabad, US, Europe), embracing the SAFe agile framework, a Micro Services approach combined with the DevOps model. We have dozens of engineers working full time on this new platform and are setting up a new office in Boston downtown to open a new development squad where you will be located – and it’s only the beginning. You will have the chance to work with brilliant people and some of the best development and design firms in the US in addition of working with cutting edge technology as React Native, React JS, Ruby, Elixir, Docker, Kubernetes
We’re looking for people who love to stay on top of the latest and greatest technologies and patterns. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push our technology forward."
- Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test using leading-edge hybrid technologies such as React Native.
- Build reusable prototypes with out-of-the-box thinking
- Working along with different squads to create and maintain a robust framework to support the app
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with a strong eye on user experience.
- Optimizing performance for the app.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile.
- Gathering requirements, application design, technical leadership, support API design capabilities, designing Unit testing frameworks for mobile, and implementation.
- Engagements will include building responsive UI on Native mobile platforms and cross platform offerings for both tablet and handheld form factors.
4. Requirements (Must-Haves)
- Strong in OOPs, Data Structures and Algorithms
- 11+ years of overall software development experience.
- 3 - 5 years of development experience on Mobile using Microservices Architecture
- Experience in Test frameworks is a must (CasperJS/PhantomJS/Mocha/Jasmine.)
- Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab etc.) and the feature branch workflow
- Knowledge of CI/CD process
- Experience with automation tools like Npm/Webpack/Grunt/Bower etc is a must.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment