Senior Software Engineer (UI Developer) – JD
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the World, over 400 million learners and currently supporting more than 6000 customers including half the Fortune 500!
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product. See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey
To succeed in this challenging journey we have setup multiple co-located team across the globe (Hyderabad, US, Europe), embracing the scaled agile framework, a Micro Services approach combined with the DevOps model. We have passionate engineers working full time on this new platform in Hyderabad and it’s only the beginning. You will have the chance to work with brilliant people and some of the best development and design firms in addition of working with cutting edge technologies as React, Elixir, Node.js, Ruby, Docker, Kubernetes.
We are looking for exceptional Java based full stack developers to join our team and also learn new technology as Node.js which some of our teams already use. You will work jointly with Architect and DevOps to form a fully autonomous development squad and be in charge of one part of the product.
Desired Experience (* = required)
- Minimum 7+ years of software engineering development experience background working with developing cloud based enterprise solutions.
- Experience in UI Test frameworks (CasperJS, PhantomJS, Mocha, Jasmine, JEST, Selenium, etc.)
- Proficient building responsive cross browser UI’s
- Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab, etc) and the feature branch workflow
- Good knowledge in working with REST API*, Web services and SAML* integrations
- Good knowledge on Browser Developer Tools, Responsive design
- Experience working with databases preferably Postgres.
- Experience with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS)
- Advanced design, debugging and coding skills
- Experience with automation tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, WebPack, Grunt
- Must know how to code applications on Unix/Linux based systems*.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum environment*.
- Prepare for Release Planning, including:
- Support Product Management in program backlog refinement, and estimating features and epics.
- Actively participate in Release Planning:
- Establish own capacity/velocity for each increment.
- Support story refinement, help identify risks and dependencies.
- Support the Agile Team in establishing achievable PI objectives.
- Help to identify dependencies and foster cross team co-ordination.
- Commit to the mutually agreed plan.
- Prepare for Iteration Planning, including:
- Actively participate in backlog refinement sessions in collaboration with other Agile team members.
- Identify and capture backlog items local to the team, such as defects and refactors.
- Actively participate in team planning and contributing to team goals.
- Volunteer for and commit to delivering stories and tasks within the iteration.
Education and Certifications:
BE or MCA or equivalent preferred