Position Title: Senior Software Engineer
Reports to: Sr. Manager Development - Compliance
Effective date: September 2019
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the world, over 400 million learners and currently support more than 6000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500. Skillsoft is currently seeking a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join its Compliance software development team to provide the technical prowess to engineer new features and to enhance existing applications and systems. We are seeking to fill one position on site. The position is located in our Hyderabad, India office. Occasional request to match USA mornings eastern time.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a senior engineer on our cross-functional projects.
- Hands on development role designing and coding solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and object-orientated design capabilities
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Apply expert full stack knowledge in SaaS application feature creation and enhancement, performance, scalability, security and engineering best practices.
- Knowledge on system interdependencies, limitations and mitigating risks
- Enjoys working with others, eager to help out, self-starter, results driven, helps others succeed, customer focused, comfortable with change, takes pride in work, enjoys a challenge, happy to knowledge share, is not territorial, positive attitude, owns mistakes and learns from them.
Technology – Required
- 7+ years SaaS Industry experience in software engineering - designing, building and deploying enterprise-class software applications.
- Solid .Net, MSSQL
- Solid knowledge of industry standards for best coding practices
- Experienced in Microservices and RESTful API’s
- Familiarity with understanding of server-side database where business logic in SQL may well be better handled in code.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum in mature shop, can mentor others
- Git, Jenkins, automated deployments
- Experience working on large complex projects
- Experience operating and scaling high-volume, multi-browser, multi-tier integrated Complex enterprise applications built with heterogeneous technologies.
- Well-versed with object-oriented programs, web application development, security, performance tuning and open source technologies.
Technology - Preferred (not required)
- MVC, ASP.net, Visual Studio, C#
- System and Application performance evaluation
- Slack, Jira, Confluence
Desired Personal Skills
- Innovative and Critical Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to do likewise - Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Commitment to quality, process adherence, best industry practices, and teamwork
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to deliver within critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Understands complex operational processes relative to efficiency and effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to maintain good working relationships with manager and team.
- Willing to lead and be led
- Passionate, curious, open to new ideas, supports and champions the success of others
- Willingness to accept direction from manager. Keeps manager apprised of all on going activities on daily basis. Volunteers any changes in status directly.
- Outstanding and tenacious troubleshooting skills
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Computer Science or related field