Account Executive, Strategic
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Drive top-line revenue growth through new customer acquisition and expansion of our current Strategic Account footprint.
- Sell all Skillsoft solutions directly to corporate decision makers.
- Own responsibility to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Win by representing a solution line with key competitive differentiators.
- Influence customers and prospects at the senior leadership level.
- Establish strategic plans and objectives to drive desired business growth within current Strategic Accounts.
- Partner with related sales, marketing and support resources in the successful advancement of critical opportunities and market penetration.
- Develop a thorough understanding of Skillsoft sales plays.
- Work remotely from a home office.
- Guide account teams on short and long term strategy with the focus to maintain and grow revenue within existing customers and support new business opportunities.
- Help the account team to outline measurable and defined business objectives and goals with timelines, (related to revenue and growth of whitespace).
- Ensure that the company’s total resource is delivered and leveraged in a way that satisfies customer requirements and supports the objectives of the account strategy.
- Manage and develop major proposals and presentations.
- Provide management, feedback and recommendations on account health, risk, opportunity, and progress.
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure Account Strategy considerations.
- Collaborate with the Value Engineering team to assist in the realization and communication of the value proposition.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years successful sales experience in sales.
- 3+ years successful sales experience in Strategic Account and or Key Account sales.
- Experience in the learning or human capital, human capital technology space is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to exceed sales targets, a keen understanding of the steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to advance the sale.
- Ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth.
- Skilled at demonstrating software and speaking the language of corporate buyers.
- Ability to collaborate and leverage subject matter expertise in a matrixed sales environment.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close.
- Ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- Willingness to travel (25%).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Has the ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute business plans.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.