Inside Sales Consultant
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
We are currently recruiting for an ambitious and professional Sales Consultant to help us with new account acquisition within a defined territory. Upon successful completion of our in house training program, the incumbent will embark upon a rewarding career as “hunters”; bringing their prospecting skills to a new level. They will walk prospective clients through the entire sales cycle beginning with prospecting and concluding with a customized business solution for a new customer. The ultimate goal of this position is to broaden the Skillsoft customer base and develop long term business relationships.
- Identify opportunities with potential customer accounts
- Exhibit prospecting skills to identify, qualify and close new business
- Setting phone meetings with business leaders and decision makers including “C” level executives
- Foster and maintain relationships with new buying accounts
- Deliver professional customer presentations that articulate the Skillsoft value proposition
- Utilize professional selling expertise and business acumen to meet and exceed sales targets within a broad geographic sales territory
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred
- Two to five years proven sales experience selling using a consultative sales approach
- Experience in a B2B selling environment is preferred
- Must have an understanding of the different steps involved in a sales cycle and demonstrated ability to advance the sale
- Excellent ability in analyzing opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Experience selling in a consultative sales approach environment
- Sales experience in a technology oriented field is considered an asset
- Knowledge of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products is necessary
- Proven ability to prospect designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Competitive, goal orientated, self-motivated individuals who thrive in a team environment
- Superior communicators (both verbal and written) with excellent interpersonal skills
- A resourceful and creative individual with excellent time management skills
- Advanced negotiation and objection handling skills are essential in this role
- Operates with a sense of urgency and has a positive, winning attitude
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.