Make a meaningful impact as a Purchasing & Receiving Manager at the Thompson Hotel in Washington, D.C.!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Manhatta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Purchasing & Receiving Manager will analyze our current buying systems and create the best methods for day-to-day purchasing operations. The Purchasing & Receiving Manager will be responsible for overseeing our purchasing department, establishing Buyer goals based on corporate inventory needs and sales projections for the coming year. The Purchasing & Receiving Manager will translate and execute the culinary vision of the Executive Chef, by participating in the direction of all aspects of the kitchen activities, with a focus on ordering and receiving. This includes organizing, planning and leading the prep and extern teams to source and manage the most excellent possible ingredients. The Purchasing & Receiving Manager will actively teach and inspire entire culinary teams to embrace the core values, mission, and Enlightened Hospitality of the Union Square Hospitality Group.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Participation in annual bonus plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that will improve vendor relationships and lower the cost of doing business
- Collaborate with inventory control and sales to develop metrics for gauging inventory level needs and then maintaining those levels throughout the year
- Take the lead in creating profitable ways to manage obsolete and slow-moving stock to help offset losses
- Manage the company’s day-to-day purchasing activities and ensure that all purchasing agents are meeting their personal performance standards
- Assist in developing more effective invoicing and collecting processes
- Handle the receiving of items and ensure that the shipments are inspected, sorted and stored as needed.
- Keep up with invoices to make sure orders are correct, monitor shelves to restock as needed and place orders for both inventory and shipping supplies when they are low
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 2-3 years of experience in hospitality management, BOH management, and product sourcing
- Excellent working knowledge of food ingredients as used in a variety cuisines and vendor resources
- Proficient in Production and Purchasing Modules
- Language: English, Spanish (preferred)