Make an impact as a Barista at the Cafes at MoMA!
We will be reopening our spaces in the Fall and are looking for Barista's to join our team for a strong opening!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Manhatta and Porchlight to name a few!
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Act as an agent in order to provide the best possible service to each and very guest
- Demonstrate knowledge of proper coffee and tea offerings and preparations
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearances throughout all areas of the restaurant
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Participate in coffee training program, as coordinated by the management team
- Efficiently organize orders, manage cash and credit card transactions.
- Demonstrates proficiency with POS system
- Set up the barista station and espresso bar for success
- Reliably complete all assigned sidework
- Demonstrate knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
- Must be able to stand, reach with arms and hands, bend and stoop, kneel and crouch more than 50% of the time
- Lifting requirements range from being able to lift between 10 and 50 lbs more than 50% of the time