Position Title: Sales Account Executives/Manager, New Business
Department: INDIA Field Sales
Effective date: Immediate
Skillsoft is seeking an experienced field sales professional with a history of over performance in quota attainment to join our team and sell collaboratively with our Channel Partners & Alliances
This position is part of a team of strategic new business development executives focused on new customer acquisition for Skillsoft, a talent management/eLearning software solutions provider. The profile that we are hiring towards consultative/solution selling attributed with an entrepreneurial, high energy, hunter-based attitude that will enable the person to effectively penetrate prospective organizations through Channel Partners and Alliances.
Our Territory Sales Executives/Managers are passionate and enthusiastic about sales and understand how to sell value – not products – to our customers and prospects.
Our Territory Sales Executives/Managers work remotely from home offices to manage all aspects of sales cycles within an assigned region.
We are looking to recruit this role in Delhi and Bangalore. A successful candidate will relate to the below listed aspects of the role.
- Demand Gen :
- Working with LG team to qualify leads and pass it on to Channel
- Work closely with LG team on weekly/daily basis to drive them to create more opportunities for channel partners
- Manage 3-4 Channel Partners in the given territory
- Lead Management : with Channel Partners : Where are we at with leads?
- Build partnership with LG team in producing the best qualified leads
- Follow up with partners on status of leads supplied
- Ensure the leads are being pursued in the right manner as per process
- If Channel Partner has problems consuming our leads, help them with it
- Provide leadership and LG team with updates on the leads supplied
- Enable Field Sales Support :
- Enable partner sales team with necessary marketing collateral support like brochures, flyers, whitepapers, intelligence, etc
- Have regular meetings with Channel Partners and their sales team to ensure smooth sales cycle, opportunity moving in right direction.
- Having regular meetings/calls with the Channel Partners as a follow up activity and for solution designing.
- Provide Pricing support in closing deals
- Drive revenues/quota :
- Enable partners meet their targets selling our products
- Join calls/face to face meetings alongside partners (and their sales teams) with Prospective Customers
- Ensure quarterly and annual target achievements of Channel Partners in-turn meeting self targets
- Securing renewal of the product licenses of your base accounts within timelines to ensure product usage continuity
- Customer Focused – personally demonstrated that both external and internal customers are a high priority by identifying, and responding to their needs in a timely and efficient manner
- Initiative – Recognizes opportunities and initiates actions to capitalize on them by looking for a new and productive ways to make an impact
- Innovative Thinking – Embraces and champions new ideas and encourages others to be likewise
- Building Organizational Commitment – Demonstrates commitment, loyalty and appreciation for the organization. Conveys a high-level of concern for all employees, while helping to ensure that both their needs and those of the organization are met
Desired Skills and Experience:
· 2-5 years background of successful sales experience, selling to large and medium enterprise accounts preferably with Channel Partners and Alliances
· Proven ability to prospect for and drive new customer business
· History of exceeding annual sales quotas for the last 3-5 consecutive years
· Ability to manage major customer account sales cycles
· Key contacts in the corporate training industry will be good to have
· Excellent written/verbal communication skills to interact with senior level corporate management
· Ability to operate with a sense of urgency and a positive, winning attitude
· In depth understanding of the different steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage in the sales cycle to advance the sale
· Ability to call into an organization at senior decision making and executive levels
· Formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling skills/techniques
· Proven relationship building skills, independent, motivated and self-directed
· Must have a strong desire for high earning potential
· Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close
· Possess the ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those requirements
· Possess understanding of current web and cloud technologies
· Role involves over 50% travel in the assigned territory
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA preferred