1. About Company:
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the World, over 400 million learners and currently supporting more than 6000 customers including half the Fortune 500!
We have recently released our next generation SaaS platform solution – Percipio, the industry’s first immersive eLearning platform. This is the realization of our vision that brings together technology and product to build the most beautiful product possible. You will be working with us to extend our vision and enhance and improve our product. See what team members had to say about this journey – Percipio Journey"
2. Position Overview/ Job Summary
To succeed in this challenging journey we have setup multiple co-located team across the globe (Hyderabad, US, Europe), embracing the scaled agile framework, a Micro Services approach combined with the DevOps model. We have passionate engineers working full time on this new platform in Hyderabad and it’s only the beginning. You will have the chance to work with brilliant people and some of the best development and design firms in addition of working with cutting edge technologies as React, Node.js, Docker, Kubernetes.
This position is responsible for architecting, designing, creating, testing, and ensuring the quality of moderately complex software for a major product or product line. Principal Software Engineer will perform complex code modification, testing, and debugging tasks as well as provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development
We are looking for exceptional Java based full stack developers to join our team and also learn new technology as Node.js which some of our teams already use. You will work jointly with Architect and DevOps to form a fully autonomous development squad and be in charge of one part of the product."
- Develop high quality software design
- Follow and come up with best practices and standards for coding and review
- Deliver on committed timelines
- Implement efficient code, unit test cases, and perform debugging tasks as well as provide high level research and analysis related to software design and development
4. Requirements (Must-Haves)
- Minimum 5+ years of software engineering development experience background working with developing cloud-based enterprise solutions.
- Strong knowledge in working with REST API* & Web services
- Experience working with databases preferably Postgres.
- Experience with frameworks (Spring Boot, Stream processing)
- Experience with DevOps (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, AWS)
- Experience with code versioning tools, preferably Git (Github, Gitlab, etc) and the feature branch workflow
- Good in multi threading, algorithms and complex problem solving skills
- Working experience on Kafka, RabbitMq (messaging queue systems)
- Experience with build automation tools like Maven, Gradle, NPM, WebPack, Grunt
- Must know how to code applications on Unix/Linux based systems*.
- Experience in working with Agile/Scrum environment*.
- Technical expert with in-depth programming and product knowledge and strong technical skills combined with project management and leadership ability.