Senior Software Developer
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Develop and maintain internal automation applications used to manage servers, applications, and related infrastructure in the Skillsoft hosting environment.
- Troubleshoot applications in our testing and production environments and work with Cloud Operations personnel as needed to resolve issues and deploy software updates.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant software development experience
- Proficient in C#/.NET, or similar language
- Experience building and interacting with REST APIs and/or SOAP webservices
- Good understanding of SQL
- Experience with source control tools, preferably Git
- Deep understanding of common Internet protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS)
- Some knowledge of front-end frameworks such as Angular or React
- Understanding of Windows (Windows services and Powershell), WMI, and WinRM considered an asset
- Knowledge of federated login technologies (SAML, OAuth) is an asset
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems an asset
- Experience using containerization technologies and working in a microservices architecture environment an asset
- Experience with orchestration and configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc) an asset
- Ability to independently design and implement maintainable solutions to complex problems
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot problems in a production environment
- Excellent communication, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate information and ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing
- Ability to follow established processes and identify opportunities for improved efficiency
- Professional manner with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-directed work habits
- Ability to think strategically and plan for innovation/change; flexibility/adaptability
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and applications quickly
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.