Make a meaningful impact as a Private Dining Room Captain with Manhatta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational and leadership skills in order to set up, execute and follow through with closing duties in the Manhatta Private Dining Room. This includes accurately reading and assessing BEO's, communicating with PDR clients, close out of final bill and finishing with event report to FOH management and PDR sales Director.
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service required of all FOH service positions
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination with table pacing, and section maintenance in conjunction with support personnel
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- A strong work ethic and a hunger to learn and grow
- A basic understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Previous experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems
- 2-3 years fine dining restaurant experience in a Server position
- Culinary and/or Beverage Degree/Certification(s)
- Hospitality Degree/Certification