Customer Success Manager, SMB
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Manage a portfolio of small to mid-sized clients ensuring customer retention and high satisfaction with SumTotal Systems. This is done by managing customer interaction across the business to ensure adoption of products, positive NPS (net promoter scores), focus on project and on-going support issues, reference-ability, strategic and quarterly business planning, and working with the Account Managers to ensure high dollar over dollar renewal rates.
• Accountable for enabling success throughout the customer lifecycle best practices and methodologies, to drive renewal and growth outcomes for designated customer accounts as assigned by the Manager, Customer Success.
• Own overall relationship with assigned clients, which include increasing adoption, ensuring retention, and satisfaction. Establishes relationships with stakeholders and mobilizers across the customer organization, enlists, and manages internal SumTotal resources to support the customer.
• Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued value of our products and services.
• Develop and maintain a level of personal and SumTotal trust and confidence with key stakeholders and executives within your customer base.
• Responsible for planning and driving ongoing account strategy - Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
• Conduct quarterly customer reviews of overall account health including benchmarking, adoption trends and best practices
• Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
• Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
• Program manage account escalations.
• Manage outbound communication to clients (e-mail and phone).
• Collaborate with sales team to provide seamless customer interaction.
• Work closely with finance and legal teams to ensure all contracts are accurate.
• Provide the face of SumTotal Systems to your customer(s).
• Verify contracts, review terms and conditions
Skills & Experience:
• Prior experience in closing sales deals at the executive level a plus.
• You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
• Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
• You want to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win.
• Must be motivated, goal oriented and able to work independently
• Ability to organize, prioritize complete activities and meet deadlines on a daily basis.
• Requires ability to withstand frequent and intense pressure as a result of demanding workload and must be able to maintain a positive and professional manner throughout.
• Experience with Salesforce or other Force.com platforms.
• Proficient in Office software, 2+ years experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
• 1-3 years of experience
• A minimum of 1+ years of experience in customer success, renewals, sales, account management or equivalent customer facing role
• Requires strong oral and written communication and presentation skills (with 3 years of experience working with external clients).
• Possess high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Requires the ability to acquire a thorough knowledge of our products, services and solutions and confidently articulate the value they provide.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.