Director of Business Analytics
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Exploit the value of enterprise information and gather insights about how our businesses are performing, and how they can improve - identify opportunities for further growth
- Lead monitoring and analysis for various functional performance. Work with functional leads to maintain a portfolio of performance measures that help us monitor and improve performance
- Partner with functional and GTM leads to tease out the ‘so what’ from the data, and help frame the ‘what do we do from here’ storylines with a focus toward business strategy and results
- Identify growth opportunities, evaluate their potential impacts, and assess the level of effort needed to implement each initiative in order to maximize Skillsoft’s ROI
- Uncover deep insights about learner and customer engagement and collaborate with product, customer success and marketing to increase the engagement points for our users
- Analyze retention, and its main drivers – develop strategies to increase retention and upgrades across the various customer and GTM segments
- Financial modeling and forecasting – understand drivers of revenue and order intakes, LTV and CAC for learners and clients, and leverage those insights to extend the LTVs and lower the CACs
- Drive the development of Skillsoft’s analytics tools and practices - emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies
- Manage 2-4 business analysts and be responsible for their development, efforts and outputs
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field – engineering, finance, data science, statistics, economics
- At least 8-10 years of progressive, multi-functional experience in business analytics (product, marketing, operations, financial modeling, etc.)
- Preferred 2-3 years of experience in human capital industry within a B2C or B2B setting
- Analytical skills: outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities, experience in developing deep analytical insights about users of digital products and services
- Experience in retention modeling and cohort analysis, and developing customer LTV models
- Excellent business acumen and interpersonal skills: Must be able to work across business lines at various levels to influence and effect change to achieve common goals
- 4+ years of experience managing and developing more junior level analysts
- Technical skills: SQL, ETL scripts, Tableau (or other BI tools), Adobe / Google Analytics
- Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
- Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
- Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.