Make a meaningful impact as a B&I Line Cook at Union Square Events!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The B&I Line Cook for Union Square Events is responsible for the daily execution of menus used for Union Square Events B&I accounts. This cook will work closely with the culinary supervisor to monitor food and prepare products for daily service at the B&I Location.
The B&I Line Cook position is responsible for executing daily breakfast and lunch buffet menus in a corporate office setting.
Daily responsibilities include working alongside the Culinary Supervisor to heat, plate and serve the menu, while maintaining a clean, organized work area. The B&I Line Cook will embody and teach our Family Values while ensuring operational excellence and superior execution of our client's menus. This is a M-F position from 7:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Responsible for the setup & maintenance of daily buffet items and all daily catering food services within our B&I businesses
- Responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the FOH (Front of house) food service area & BOH (Back of house) prep & area
- Required to assist clients in a friendly, efficient, and courteous manner
- Assist during service any food service area in need of replenishing supplies
- May be required to organize and replenish beverage and other Conference Catering Goods
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 40 pounds
- Ability to reach, bend, wipe, lift, push and pull
- Must meet state and local health requirements for food handlers
- Must adhere to all safety and Company Policies
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1-2 years of Catering or B&I culinary experience