Account Executive - Strategic
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you
thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members
hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new
things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working
for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to
these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more
professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the
world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At
Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and
innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos
and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160
countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge
digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Drive top-line revenue growth through new customer acquisition and expansion of our current Strategic Account footprint.
- Sell all Skillsoft solutions directly to corporate decision makers.
- Own responsibility to meet and exceed revenue goals.
- Win by representing a solution line with key competitive differentiators.
- Influence customers and prospects at the senior leadership level.
- Establish strategic plans and objectives to drive desired business growth within current Strategic Accounts.
- Partner with related sales, marketing and support resources in
the successful advancement of critical opportunities and market
- Develop a thorough understanding of Skillsoft sales plays.
- Work remotely from a home office.
- Guide account teams on short and long term strategy with the
focus to maintain and grow revenue within existing customers and support
new business opportunities.
- Help the account team to outline measurable and defined business
objectives and goals with timelines, (related to revenue and growth of
- Ensure that the company’s total resource is delivered and
leveraged in a way that satisfies customer requirements and supports the
objectives of the account strategy.
- Manage and develop major proposals and presentations.
- Provide management, feedback and recommendations on account health, risk, opportunity, and progress.
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure Account Strategy considerations.
- Collaborate with the Value Engineering team to assist in the realization and communication of the value proposition.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 10+ years successful sales experience in sales.
- 3+ years successful sales experience in Strategic Account and or Key Account sales.
- Experience in the learning or human capital, human capital technology space is preferred but not necessary.
- Ability to exceed sales targets, a keen understanding of the
steps involved in a sales cycle and ability to leverage each stage to
advance the sale.
- Ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximize revenue growth.
- Skilled at demonstrating software and speaking the language of corporate buyers.
- Ability to collaborate and leverage subject matter expertise in a matrixed sales environment.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be aggressive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Negotiate effectively based on value and time to close.
- Ability to understand complex client requirements and to clearly
articulate the company’s offerings to develop solutions to meet those
- Willingness to travel (25%).
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Has the ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute business plans.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Acute attention to detail, organized and deadline oriented.
- Comfortable working collaboratively on a global team.
- Self-starter with ability to make independent decisions.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communicator.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built
with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited
resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment
agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any
form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and
search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in
nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently
hired as a result of the referral or through other means.