Make a meaningful impact as a Marketing Manager at the Thompson Hotel in Washington, D.C.!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Manhatta and Porchlight to name a few!
As a valued member of our team, you will receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Participation in annual bonus plan and long-term incentive plan
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
- Brand: Develop, collaborate on and oversee marketing efforts on behalf of USHG DC, ensuring a consistent and thoughtful brand identity via strategic positioning, messaging, and content creation.
- Develop, implement and measure the success of USHG DC marketing efforts, ensuring the effective and consistent articulation of USHG brand stories and positioning.
- Partner with USHG Marketing NY to drive and oversee USHG-wide marketing and community initiatives and implement within DC businesses.
- Align with Sales, Marketing and Operations teams on business priorities monthly to then drive Marketing and PR strategy.
- Plan and execute brand photo shoots and other content creation projects.
- Create and update brand collateral (including sales and brand decks, postcards, menus, signage) and liaise with vendors.
- Public Relations and Field Marketing: Drive brand awareness through on-site events and programming as well as representing USHG DC brands at industry and community events. Liaise with media and partners, ensuring consistent and on-brand communication and driving strategic marketing and PR goals.
- Build new and expand upon existing relationships with key media, strategic and community partners by supporting and initiating regular and consistent communication, social invitations, and meetings.
- Ideate, plan and execute programming and events within the hotel and in the larger DC community based on business and marketing/PR goals, industry trends, etc.
- Support USHG’s Director of Public Relations and in promoting USHG DC communications initiatives as well as USHG-wide initiatives on a local level.
- Digital Marketing: Drive effective digital communications for USHG DC, including developing content strategy, overseeing website management, email marketing, and social media presence.
- Oversee 3 social media accounts with Instagram, Twitter and Facebook profiles; manage day-to-day social media posting and engagement.
- Develop digital content strategy that supports year-long business goals, relevant holidays and events. Ensure consistent, engaging and on-brand content across digital marketing channels.
- Analyze performance of digital marketing and PR efforts and share campaign recaps with USHG Marketing NY
- USHG: DO DC, Director of Sales & Marketing, NY Marketing team
- Thompson: Director of Sales & Marketing, Marketing Manager
- PR firm
- Media and influencers
- Community organizations
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lead independently and to collaborate across teams
- High level of energy, motivation and commitment to hitting KPI’s
- Project management experience
- Strategic thinking
- 3-5 years of Marketing, PR or Communications experience
- Experience in Hospitality a plus
- Experience in sales and/or building relationships with partners
- Experience managing social media channels
- Field marketing or event production experience a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Marketing/PR or a related field, or comparable experience.