The Modern and Cafes at MoMA are looking for an Operations Assistant!
With the supervision of the Art Food Director of Operations and guidance of Director of Special Events and Partnerships, the Art Food Operations Assistant will operate mainly in administrative support for the Art Food Director of Operations. This includes but is not limited to administrative support. While most efforts will support the Art Food Director of Operations, this person will also support the Executive Committee at Art Food.
Leverage the activities of the Director of Operations (DO) office to maximize efficiency and impact on all USHG stakeholders. Ensure administrative efficiency and hospitality of the office of the DO.
- Manage calendar for maximum efficiency
- Support in management of correspondence/emails for organization and timely response
- Follow through on donation requests
- Attend weekly meetings such as Sous Chef and Executive Committee meetings; take, maintain and distribute all meeting minutes
- Support in preparation of agendas or meeting presentations as requested
- Understand and keep confidential (as necessary) certain aspects of DO
- Communicate to DO any relevant guest experience (problems, complaints and/or raves)
- Coordinate reservation requests on behalf of DO
- Ensure that the DO is aware of any VIPs in the restaurants at Art Food, The Modern and Cafes at MoMA
- Code and submit all corporate expenditures for the DO
- Coordinates schedules with internal and external candidates on an as needed basis
- Move projects forward as directed by DO
- Manage travel for the DO
- Attends all PR/Marketing meetings and follows up on all actionables on behalf of DO
Provides Coordination Support with Art Food Executive Committee to Art Food
- Receives all external inquiries, coordinates and collaborates on response
- Work with USHG PR team to keep website up to date and relevant
- Act as In-house and on-site contact for in house PR/Marketing events, interviews, photo-shoots etc.
- Assure that all external touchpoints or updated at all times
- Manages requests and execution of offsite appearances and events
- Liaises in development and ordering of all collateral within budget
- Coordinates internal meetings (including meeting locations and preparation)
- Maintains contact lists
- Act as IT liaison – maintain log and consistent follow up
- Partners with the People Operations Manager to execute recognition of Manager Milestones
- Organize all external and industry trails of Art Food
- Manages meeting rooms and associated calendars
- Advance special projects on behalf of Executive Team as directed and approved by DO
Supports Art Food Mezzanine & Sub Cellar Office Functions
- Liaises with AF Managers, Maître d’s and Wine team to ensure proper functioning of Cannon Copiers.Manages Cannon service calls as needed.
- Maintains general office supplies pars and communicates order needs with AF Purchasing.
- Liaises with Pops Department to support Dunbar pickups.
- Liaises with stewarded team to maintain office cleanliness standards.
- Provides general office support.
- Distributes AF mail, and supports AF shipping needs (US Mail and FedEx)
Skills and Requirements
- At least one year experience in hospitality/food/restaurant related industry
- Excellent Understanding of Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint,
- Knowledge/experience in office administration
- Integrity & discretion
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem solving