Senior Director, Engineering Program Management
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you?
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Engineering, this Senior Director of Engineering Program Management will lead the management of cross functional engineering programs and projects, creating an operational framework for data driven decision making, and lead on-going transformation toward a scaled agile software development organization. This individual, while primarily focused on improving engineering processes and managing operations, will work across the organization to deliver end to end integrated work products.
- Continuously transform engineering processes and other related initiatives for better execution and deliverables while increasing quality and efficiency.
- Manage the programs associated with the development of Skillsoft’s complex eLearning product offerings, administering the largescale initiatives and projects for successful launches and continuous improvements.
- Direct and manage cross functional projects and programs, assessing risks, managing contingencies and delivering results.
- Actively communicate and collaborate with regards to Program deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with stakeholders and sponsors.
- Accountable for the execution, timely and effective escalation and continuous visibility via dashboards and metrics.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement across Engineering while establishing cost and quality parameters and leading the achievement of those parameters in every project.
- Execute transformation toward a scaled (agile) way of planning and delivering platform(s) and other software.
- Create, monitor, and maintain operational performance metrics including program sizing, planned level of effort, actual level of effort, as well as Schedule, Scope and Quality.
- Create dashboards and presentations for executive communications based on clear facts/data.
- Responsible for release management using SAFe for a SaaS platform.
- Provide a governance framework for data driven engineering operations reviews.
- Lead, mentor and grow the program management team towards world class processes and continuous improvement
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with Project Management Professional Certification (PMP), active and in good standing with PMI. CMS and SAFe certifications preferred.
- 10+ years of Program Management experience in an organization with primary revenue streams derived from software product development and sales.
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience mentoring and coaching teams of project professionals to transform and continuously improve and scale agile practices across product management and engineering functions.
- Proven ability to create quantitative management frameworks and drive a data-driven culture in the organization.
- Knowledgeable with Program Portfolio Management techniques and methods such as Risk Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management, Quality Management and Information Technology Governance principles.
- Proven commitment to the consumer, both external and internal. Always bringing a high priority to identifying and responding to their needs in a timely/efficient and partnering manner.
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.