Be the first in making a meaningful impact as a Barback at Maialino Mare at the Thompson Hotel in DC!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
Maialino Mare is a Roman-style trattoria with an emphasis on seafood pastas and whole-grilled fish—a coastal sister to the original Maialino restaurant opened in New York City in 2009. Sourced from its local family of farmers and fishers, Maialino Mare uses quality, seasonal ingredients throughout the menu, complemented by a robust Italian wine list and beautiful, rustic desserts. Maialino Mare is located on the ground floor of the Thompson Hotel Washington, D.C., and is accessible from street level, serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner daily. The restaurant offers private dining and seasonal outdoor seating.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Maintain an understanding of the proper steps of service
- Consistently execute them with efficiency and grace while multitasking and maintaining a sense of urgency throughout service
- Anticipate guest needs and create strong guest relationships. Guest recognition is critical
- Stay up to date on all beverage and food menu changes
- Demonstrate knowledge of all signature cocktails (ingredients, spec, build)
- Act as part of the team to maintain the high standards of cleanliness and appearance throughout all areas of the bar both before, during and after service
- Reliably complete all assigned daily sidework