Daily Provisions is your neighborhood cafe, where going out feels like coming home. Opened in 2017 by Danny Meyer s Union Square Hospitality Group, we’ve developed a devout following of regulars who start their morning with a cappuccino and our famous Bacon, Egg and Cheese, grab a Chicken Milanese Sandwich for lunch and end their day with a Rotisserie Chicken and seasonal sides for dinner
The only way we can do what we do is with the strong belief that while this is a workplace, we are also a family. As we prepare to bring Daily Provisions to the West Village and Upper West Side, we are building our team. Our Team Members love food and drink, work hard and understand that in our fast-paced environment, the only way to win is by leading with hospitality.
Generous benefits package includes health care, paid time off, 401K plans and delicious meals. Oh did we say Crullers? The Baker is responsible for the daily preparation, production and finishing of all baked items for breakfast/brunch/lunch service. This position may entail to work in a variety of techniques including, but not limited to scaling, mixing and shaping of doughs and batters. The Baker typically has several duties that revolve around helping the kitchen stay clean and maintaining the high standards of the operation. Be part of this fast-paced, multi-faceted, neighborhood cafe!
- Responsible for creation of all bread-related goods applicable to the menu
- Follow all recipes, and presentation specifics as set forth by Executive Pastry Chef, Pastry Sous Chef or Pastry Supervisor
- Follow all opening/closing kitchen procedures
- Set up station according to Chef/Kitchen guidelines
- Understanding of professional cooking and knife handling skills
- Previous prep or line-cook experience
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Understand & follow written and verbal instruction & direction
- Attention to detail and ability to smell & taste
As a Baker, in addition to competitive pay, you ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we ve won 28 James Beard awards!)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels just to name a few
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
We are hiring for various roles talented cooks, inspiring managers, and kind servers to take care of our guests. We are seeking people that want to grow their career with us. We are willing to train.