Make a meaningful impact as a Maitre D' Group Coordinator at Intersect!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The Maitre D' Group Coordinator will be responsible for assisting to execute all FOH operations. We are seeking individuals who have great communication skills, strong work ethic, passion for hospitality, commitment to excellence, who understand the importance of teamwork. Ability to multi-task and demonstrate athleticism is a must.
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Assist the Group Dining Manager with several administrative aspects of the event booking lifecycle, including but not limited to: lead responses, site visits, and event execution
- Coordinate clearly with our centralized Guest Relation team, to coordinate main and private dining room reservations
- Play an active part in “driving the books” in both our main dining and private dining rooms
- Help to train new front door team members
- Maintain a mastery of the proper table numbers, seat positions, and flow of service
- Maintain mental athleticism for coordination with Hosts, Server, and Managers to seat guests in a warm hospitable manner, while also anticipating the needs of the restaurant, in order to provide an excellent dining experience
- Strong communication and listening skills to effectively deliver accurate messaging to both guests and teammates
- Have a desire to build a base knowledge and understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Maintain accurate knowledge on hours of operation, relevant service and facility information, and upcoming events at the restaurant
- Have a general knowledge and understanding of Department of Health (DOH) food safety standards
- Derives pleasure from providing hospitality and being the face of the restaurant
- Maintain relationships and communication with future and current guest inquiries for Private/Group Dining
- Overseeing and ensuring smooth execution before, during, and after the private event.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality
- Basic computer skills, with a proficiency in Microsoft Outlook
- Fluency in English
- 5+ Years of hospitality/catering experience