Customer Sales Director
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- The Customer Sales Director (the CSD) will clearly articulate and demonstrate the Human Capital Management methodologies and best practices to SumTotal’s prospect base, working closely with the Asia team to drive new name new business growth in the allocated region.
- The CSD partners with the Sumtotal professional services team and partner network to drive impactful value and develop new name customer relationships to drive the APAC regions growth. They are also the primary account owner and trusted advisor to customer stakeholders and project teams and are responsible for driving customer engagement and improvement as well as success and value throughout the customer lifecycle.
- The CSD brings experience and knowledge in creating and driving impactful initiatives through the practice of SumTotal’s strategic Human Capital Management methodologies and emphasises on SumTotal’s technology efficiencies, effectiveness, and outcomes.
- The roles primary goal is the development of prospect planning, and the delivery new name pipeline growth resulting in the acquisition of new name customer agreements for Sumtotal. Consulting with all levels and focusing on business impact is also critical to the role.
- The CSD will sell complex enterprise solutions supported by the best sales talent, training and tools in the e-learning Industry with the accountability to win new business and develop existing accounts for the leading global provider of e-learning content and technology.
- The core responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the SumTotal Systems consultative and solution selling process.
- Apply solution and consultative sales skills to manage account cycles and close sales in complex, long sell cycle situations.
- Set face to face meetings with business leaders and decision makers including "C" level executives within our target marketplace to generate new business via prospecting.
- Deliver customer presentations that are top notch and articulate the SumTotal Systems Value Proposition.
- Develop, maintain and grow an ongoing sales pipeline by accurately forecasting in Sales Force.
- Leverage prospecting skills to identify, qualify and close new business.
- Achieve (over) quarterly and annual quotas by building and delivering on quarterly business reviews.
- Developing a positive working relationship with internal stakeholder, such as solutions architect, professional services and marketing teams as well as external stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Self-motived individual with a passion for sales.
- Track Record of selling into the ASEAN Emerging Markets.
- Ability to speak a language other than English is beneficial.
- 10+ years’ experience in field sales in the technology industry is required and a track record of achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- A formal understanding of and experience with solution/consultative selling is required.
- Must have the ability to prospect and manage a designated territory to maximise revenue growth.
- Must have the ability to call high in an organisation and interact with senior level corporate management.
- Must have the ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be assertive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- Must have the ability to clearly articulate the company's offerings and develop solutions for customers and prospects.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional overall communication skills a must.
- Experience using Salesforce and other digital business tools.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrated expertise in the talent, workforce management and learning, or digital technology industry; proven ability to articulate its features and benefits to all levels of the business enterprise, including understanding of the customer's business drivers.
- Superior knowledge of current IT and End User technology.
- Strong knowledge of talent management and key organisational initiatives such as workforce management, hosting and professional development.
- Excellent consulting, listening and communication skills, evidenced by the ability to establish influential relationships with diverse prospect, customers and key stakeholders.
- Superior customer service skills demonstrating responsiveness, positive attitude and professionalism.
- Excellent facilitation skills for meetings and group activities, both virtual and live, demonstrating the ability to guide groups, listen and question effectively (includes corporate/executive briefings).
- Excellent presentation skills, both virtual and live, in large and small group settings and exceptional knowledge of Webex.
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrating the ability to write with purpose, clarity, and accuracy.
- Effective project management and organisational skills specifically managing multi-solution, simple to complex, concurrent projects.
- Excellent skills in critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making that balance analysis with responsiveness for independent, solution-focused action.
- Strong self-directed work habits, exhibiting initiative, drive, creativity, maturity, self-assurance and professionalism.
- Ability to easily adapt to change as it relates to customer strategy, internal/external relationships and organisational direction.
- Leadership experience in mentoring and coaching others.
- Excellent data analytical skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills and ability to act as a strategic partner to the client and sales team.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and proficient in Word and Outlook.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.