Make a meaningful impact as a Host with Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As a valued member of our team, you will have access to the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of:
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t- and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- A good understanding of wine, beer , classic cocktails, and creative cocktails
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate bar stocking needs with the cycles of service for guests at the bar.
- Strong communication and listening skills to develop trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
- 1 year experience in a front of house role in a hospitality business
- Previous experience with online reservation systems such as Open Table
- Hospitality Degree/Certification