Technical Support Engineer - Premier Support
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Develop a deep knowledge of SumTotal’s range of enterprise products
- Develop a deep knowledge of assigned customer’s products and business objectives
- Communicating with corporate customers via telephone, email, or other media as applicable regarding technically complex problems identified in SumTotal’s software products, and maintaining effective customer relations
- Solve user problems, ranging in complexity from basic to technically complex, including software functionality problems and questions; data communication/networking troubleshooting; installation problems and questions; and OS and browser related issues
- Partner with cross-functional teams as needed on complex customer issues and ensure root cause of issue is resolved.
- Escalate & facilitate top priority, production-critical issues to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Maintain ownership of issues until resolution, drive internal teams in support of solution needs and customer timelines around cases.
- Resolve incidents and provide ongoing communication to customers during the issue resolution process as per SLA’s.
- Create and Publish internal and customer-facing knowledge base documentation to enhance customer engagement with SumTotal’s self-service options.
- Serve as a customer advocate within the SumTotal organization.
- Ensure customers are able to execute their business objectives through use of our application.
- Assist Account team with case prioritization to ensure a successful go-live of new premiere customers
- Provide customer reporting on case trends and contract compliance. (Both internally and externally as needed)
Skills & Qualifications:
- Technical and practical expertise in Windows 2000 Server, IIS, ASP, .Net, SQL Server or Oracle
- Demonstrated experience with Enterprise-level package solutions or the use of technology in a business context
- Ability to communicate effectively to varying levels within an organization
- Strong customer service focus
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to grow and work in a team
- Graduation in Engineering / Sciences or a Post graduate degree in Computer Sciences
- Minimum experience of 4-5 years, in application support will be preferred.
- Must be adaptable and have a strong disposition to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.