Senior Solution Architect
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Drive and adhere to the SumTotal Strategic Preparation Process.
- Research and understand the prospect’s business to better consult with the sales team on sales strategy and presentation.
- Develop and deliver custom demonstrations, evaluations, pilot requests and presentations that illustrate SumTotal’s ability to enhance customer and prospects business operations.
- Respond to prospect’s or customer’s concerns during meetings by articulating clear and concise information on the benefits of the SumTotal solutions.
- Present SumTotal’s technical architecture and hosting capabilities as it relates to the customer’s and prospect’s environment and technical requirements.
- Support our Customer Sales Directors throughout the RFI/RFP process including RFP strategy, review of RFP team’s response, follow-up questions, preparing and delivering customer presentation as appropriate to create answers that provide value and benefits to our prospects.
- Conduct regular prospect planning sessions with CSDs to identify ways to support the progression of the sales cycle for key opportunities.
- Manage the end to end customer solution experience from pre-sales to consultation to solution implementation.
- Support assigned regions in quarterly initiatives to help drive forecast pipeline such as creating email templates, customised sites, processing registrations, running reports, etc.
- Provide Project Management expertise for Pilots relating to site builds, site configuration, kick-off, and results and reporting.
- Maintain knowledge of how SumTotal content can integrate into third-party LMSs and talent systems.This includes being able to discuss and demonstrate the user experience and best practices for viewing SumTotal content in third-party systems.
- Responsible for documenting and transferring key prospect information to the services team when a contract is signed.
- Maintain industry knowledge and trends relating to implementation, e-learning technologies, end-user and LMS technologies.
- Maintain knowledge and skills, through ongoing training in SumTotal product areas including platform, content and building a basis understanding of Skillsoft products.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of process efficiencies.
- Enter key prospect activities and opportunity progress SFDC.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business or Technical related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Pre-sales or Solutions Consultant role within the software industry.
- A track record of partnering with Sales in achieving/exceeding sales targets.
- 2-4+ years of experience in the Human Capital Management (HCM) industry.
- Relevant hands-on experience using SQL Server, Oracle, and Stored Procedures.
- Experience with image editing and creation tools.
- Self-motived individual with a passion for and strong capability with technology.
- The ability to operate with a sense of urgency, be assertive, competitive, and demonstrate a positive, winning attitude.
- The ability to clearly articulate the company's offerings and develop solutions for customers and prospects.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Exceptional overall communication skills a must.
- Experience using Salesforce and other digital business tools.
- Field based employee required to travel 50% of the time.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!