Principal Cloud Solution Architect
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- Provide design strategy and thought leadership for SumTotal cloud solutions that will enhance or integrate with SumTotal Cloud Applications.
- Design and build solutions to satisfy customer requirements and new initiatives not yet supported in the core product architecture.
- Ensure designs and delivered solutions support scalability, quality, performance, security, maintainability and architectural integrity and are delivered in partnership with the Product organization to ensure durability and operational stability
- Work with development teams to develop, test, implement, document, monitor and operationalize new technologies and 3rd party middleware introduced with each release.
- Serves as the technical liaison to Engineering and Product architecture teams.
- Collaborate with Product Management to ensure Cloud Operations requirements are appropriately represented and prioritized in the product roadmap.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience in job specific skills.
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Expert knowledge of the concepts and methodologies of enterprise architecture
- Deep knowledge of information technologies (Database, Web & Integration, Enterprise Compute and Storage, Network Architecture and standards for large enterprise deployments)
- Experience delivering technical solutions adhering to cyber security standards and compliance programs such as SOC2, PCI, FedRAMP and GDPR.
- Experience with .Net, Java, SQL, REST, SOAP, Redis, RabbitMQ, Solr, MongoDB, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code
- Experience with public/hybrid cloud deployments and related operational and security considerations
- Experience with implementation methodologies, software development life cycle process, and project management
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Able to produce technical documentation consistent with Reference Architecture principles
- Able to communicate and present complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Strong problem solving and negotiation abilities
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.