Principal Product Manager
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Will you be next to join our team?
- BA/BS (minimum) in business, IT or related discipline
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Software-specific Product Management or Business Analysis required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Domain expertise in at least one of the following areas id desired: learning systems, talent acquisition, talent management, workforce management, reporting systems, mobile app development
- Technical experience and a strong understanding of modern system integration and software development practices is desired
- Ability to work in fast-paced, entrepreneurial start-up environment
- Strong organization skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Experience with web analytics
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence or other Agile software development tools is desired
- Experience working with a virtual team is desired
Skills & Qualifications:
- partner with Engineering in an agile environment by developing user stories and working closely with scrum teams.
- Identify and articulate customer and market needs
- Work closely with customers to solicit feedback on products and roadmaps, gather requirements for new features, engage customers in meetings, conferences and advisory boards
- Monitor competitive landscape, anticipate competitive response to changing market dynamics and proactively develop strategies to combat activity
- Enable internal field sales and support organizations for new releases or product launches through content development and training.
- Plan and execute product announcements, and help coordinate βeta testing of our products
- Help build, coordinate, and maintain relationships with key customers.
- Drive internal and external adoption of our products.
- Proactive with a strong sense of urgency and competitive drive.
- Independent, entrepreneurial mindset with ability to make independent decisions.
- Influential, and enthusiastic communicator.
- Adaptable, embraces change.
- Collaborative team player, working across various teams within the organization.
- Customer service minded.
- Strong attention to detail, organized and goal oriented.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.