Senior Software Engineer II – Fullstack
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning – we train more professionals than any other company in the world, over 400 million learners and currently support more than 6000 customers, including half of the Fortune 500. Skillsoft is currently seeking a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join its Compliance software development team to provide the technical prowess to engineer new features and to enhance existing applications and systems. We are seeking to fill one position on site. The position is located in our Hyderabad, India office. Occasional request to match USA mornings eastern time.
- Serve as a senior engineer on our cross-functional projects.
- Hands on development role designing and coding solutions.
- Strong analytical skills and object-orientated design capabilities
- Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
- Apply expert full stack knowledge in SaaS application feature creation and enhancement, performance, scalability, security and engineering best practices.
- Knowledge on system interdependencies, limitations and mitigating risks
- Enjoys working with others, eager to help out, self-starter, results driven, helps others succeed, customer focused, comfortable with change, takes pride in work, enjoys a challenge, happy to knowledge share, is not territorial, positive attitude, owns mistakes and learns from them.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years SaaS Industry experience in software engineering - designing, building and deploying enterprise-class software applications.
- Solid .Net, MSSQL
- Strong knowledge on .Net framework and C# language
- Solid knowledge of industry standards for best coding practices
- Experienced in Microservices and RESTful API’s
- Familiarity with understanding of server-side database where business logic in SQL may well be better handled in code.
- Experience using Agile/Scrum in mature shop, can mentor others
- Git, Jenkins, automated deployments
- Experience working on large complex projects
- Experience operating and scaling high-volume, multi-browser, multi-tier integrated Complex enterprise applications built with heterogeneous technologies.
- Well-versed with object-oriented programs, web application development, security, performance tuning and open source technologies
- MVC, ASP.net, Visual Studio
- System and Application performance evaluation
- Slack, Jira, Confluence
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.