Make a meaningful impact as a Prep Cook at Untitled!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
The light-filled, airy restaurant, adjacent to the High Line, is inspired by the boldly creative environment of the world-class museum it calls home, with a ground floor entrance on Gansevoort Street.
As a valued member of our team, your compensation will include the following benefits:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave
- Dining credit and discounts throughout the USHG family of restaurants
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future
- Access to Mentor Programs, Career Development classes, and personalized career advancement support
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgment- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than is expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- 1 year in a position responsible for preparing and cooking plated food
- Ability to execute and maintain the preparations, recipes, mise en place, and service of any assigned station
- Have a basic knowledge base of classic cooking techniques and ability to demonstrate these techniques including, but not limited to; baking, frying, sautéing, and garde manger.
- Ability to demonstrate proper knife-skills and work space tidiness in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain mental athleticism while coordinating with other stations to ensure proper timing of pick-ups
- Strong professional communication skills
- Ability to maintain and ensure proper plate presentation and cleanliness for each dish
- Stay up to date on menu changes for all Brunch, Lunch, Dinner and Dessert shifts
- Have knowledge of Department of Health (DOH) standards
- Excellent Emotional Self Awareness under pressure while maintaining a graceful, warm presence.
- Curious Intelligence to continue learning in the position
- Open availability and a career mentality