Project Manager, Professional Services
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in eLearning. We train more professionals than any other company in the world. We are trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and talent management solutions.
At Skillsoft, we are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2200 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
Will you be next to join our team?
Skillsoft’s Professional Services team provides world-class, value-add services that enable our customers to maximize the impact of their learning investment. We do this through the strategic utilization of content, technology and learning and development methodologies that drive business results.
Skillsoft is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join its Professional Services team to oversee implementations led by third-party integrators, complex implementations, as well as complex and multi-faceted learning delivery engagements.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing multiple customer engagements at a time, working with Skillsoft integration partners to ensure Skillsoft customers are experiencing a successful Percipio platform implementation/integration with various third-party LMS platforms. In addition to overseeing Percipio integrations and implementations, this role will also be responsible for overseeing more complex learning delivery engagements that require strong project management oversight to ensure tasks are completed on time and scope is managed.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and will hire new talent as needed to fulfill client needs.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Responsible for establishing project plans and schedules
- Facilitates the development of project deliverables with cross-functional teams
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- High level oversight of projects managed by partners
- Establishes and maintains necessary resource commitments to ensure successful project completion
- Proactively tracks and reviews project accomplishments and results against plans
- Executes appropriate risk management to ensure business priorities and quality standards are met
- Adjusts strategy and plans based on the actual accomplishments and results
- Communicates status of the project to internal and external customers and management
- Set deadlines, assign responsibilities and monitor and summarize progress of project
- Actively manages cross-functional teams as needed
- Report and escalate to management as needed
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have experience managing projects as a billable consultant
- Strong experience with virtual and collaboration web tools
- Desktop application skills (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Access) with ability to learn new technologies and applications quickly as new application skills are required for the position
- Advanced knowledge of LMS or LCMS platforms, and preferably the integration of learning content with LMS platforms
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Project management, time management and organizational skills
- Team player and a strong relationship builder
- Ability to conduct business in a virtual environment, working with multiple virtual teams across multiple time zones
- History of effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously, requiring minimal oversight
- Organized with effective skills in problem solving, decision making and written and verbal communication