Vice President, Product Management
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Vice President, Product Management is a responsible for the product vision and strategic direction for Percipio, our award-winning Learning Experience Platform. Specifically, this role will be responsible for leading the learner experience and mobile team focused on intimately understanding the corporate learner, their motivations, their journeys and designing a highly engaging learning experience for them that will drive adoption and utilization.
- Innovation: Monitor the marketplace, competitive dynamics, changing customer expectations, emerging technologies, and develop a new vision for our platform that will meet emerging customer needs and enable profitable growth.
- Manage multiple squads/teams: Manage multiple agile squads (in Boston, MA and Hyderabad, India) and carefully balance resources, priorities, capacity, and logical sequencing of work to launch a steady stream new features/functionality
- Long-term view: Develop a long-term product roadmap that will galvanize the organization and encourage customers to commit to Skillsoft as a strategic partner that is delivery innovative solutions
- Complexity: Manage complexity across multiple stakeholders, multiple competing priorities, and apply data-driven approaches toward optimizing the roadmap
- Voice of customer: Act as the customer advocate in the development process – guiding the design, usability and functionality of the product.
- Define product design: Proactively identify and define market needs into functional and non-functional product requirements. Translate product requirements to use cases, stories, functional specifications, and acceptance criteria. Collaborate with engineering teams to make technical design and architecture decisions.
- Prioritize: Prioritize relentlessly and communicate trade-offs both internally and externally. Articulate the prioritized product requirements to the product development team through clear, actionable requirements definition utilizing shared tools/platforms. Manage and prioritize the inflow of technical product requirements from various external and internal sources (e.g. QA, Accessibility audits, Beta users).
- Manage execution: As the product VP, work with other product leaders and the agile development teams meet product release deadlines. Maintain a continually prioritized backlog for the development team. Ensure pristine project execution through documenting detailed plans, tracking and communicating status regularly, and course-adjusting to mitigate internal and external risks.
- Lead team and collaboration: Work closely with product managers, product owners, software engineering managers, design leads, software engineers, QA, operations managers, support and other critical stakeholders to get high-quality products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test and release on time) as agilely as possible.
- Size effort/risk: Work closely with the Development & QA teams to factor in risk/effort/complexity in delivery to achieve a product delivery plan that maximizes results for the business
- Manage project schedules: Clarify and drive project commitments and priorities, establish and maintain clear chains of accountability, and clearly communicate to project stakeholders
- Understand release interdependencies: Drive towards solutions for delivering complex, multi-tiered cloud systems
- Take responsibility: Own release schedules and milestones, keeping up the high momentum of our fast-paced environment
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Masters preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant industry experience delivering software releases, digital product management, digital product design
- Technical background and ability to work closely with engineers
- Experience with Agile development methodology
- Experience working with both technical and business user communities
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience in ed tech, e-learning industry
- Experience with mobile, gamification, badging
- Experience driving utilization of e-learning in a B2C or B2B environment
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.