Manager, Sales Compensation
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
We are seeking a Manager of Global Sales Compensation to oversee execution of the global sales compensation process. This seasoned leader will be responsible for:
- Manage the day to day administration of the annual Sales compensation plan: driving commission accuracy and processing of monthly, quarterly and annual sales achievement crediting and commission calculation
- Plan effectiveness analytics: Work with the Director of Global Sales Compensation to create standardized metrics which evaluate and measure the effectiveness of the sales compensation plans and, where necessary, make recommendations to Management.
- Assist with the creation and execution of standardized Sales Compensation processes while working with cross-functional team members to ensure seamless processes
- Strategic partnership: Work with Compensation and Sales Leaders to ensure proper support for annual compensation plan rollout and administration
- Supervise a staff of 3 compensation administrators and support a team culture that ensures consistent focus on employee development and engagement.
- Oversee the general maintenance of the Xactly commission system.
- Oversee the accuracy of crediting reports and calculation of commission payouts for over 550 payees.
- Oversee the resolution of discrepancies with various stakeholders. Lead analysis of discrepancies to determine key drivers and recommend programs/adjustments to address. Assist with and Establish processes to resolve issues and exceptions.
- Ensure overall payroll schedule is adhered to so that reps are paid in a timely and accurate manner Assist with month end/quarter end close and audits.
- Develop and maintain effective policies and procedures for commission administration and processes.
- Provide Executive level analytics to keep senior management informed of how sales team are performing against targets.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree; MBA preferred
- 10 + years Commission experience, with minimum of 5 years in a Management role
- Prior experience using and managing Xactly system is required
- Exceptional analytical thought process - the ability to break down a complex problem into solvable components, and then finding the fact base to prove/disprove hypotheses about root causes of those components
- Positive attitude with a strong drive to continuously improve a sales environment
- Knowledge of change management, communications, and training best practices
- Hands on experience building valuable internal customer relationships
- Breadth of experience developing/navigating sales compensation reporting tools and technology
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.