Senior Project Manager - Home based, UK
Are you passionate about learning and intellectually curious? Do you thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment where team members hold themselves and others accountable? Are you energized by trying new things, have an agile mindset and enjoy making an impact? Is working for a purpose driven organization important to you? If the answers to these questions are a resounding YES, then read on!
Skillsoft is the global leader in corporate learning. We help businesses solve their biggest challenge – attracting, motivating and retaining world class talent. Our team is recognized for cutting edge digital learning and human capital management solutions. Trusted by the world's leading organizations, including 65% of the Fortune 500, we train more professionals than any other company in the world. Our 100,000+ courses, videos and books are accessed over 130 million times every month, in 160 countries and 29 languages. At Skillsoft, we believe that knowledge is the fuel for innovation and innovation is the fuel for business growth.
Skillsoft’s SumTotal Strategic Business Unit has nearly 30 years of learning and HR software experience. High-performing organizations recognize that learning and development are core to their business success and overall talent management and workforce initiatives. That’s why more than 3,500 organizations, including many of Fortune’s “Best Places to Work,” rely on SumTotal’s solutions to enable their employees.
We are all about “Making Work Matter.” With over 2000 employees around the world, we are always looking for amazing talent!
The Senior Project Manager responsibilities are focused on the delivery and implementation of SumTotal Systems' suite of products to enable our customer’s anticipated business outcomes. This position leads the implementation of enterprise wide HCM solutions for our customers, and also oversees implementations provided by our partner network on behalf of our customers. This role works on multiple projects with different size organizations and requires up to 25% - 40% travel.
- Manage and build client relationships with key decision makers from project inception to postimplementation; ensure customer satisfaction.
- Oversee installation, implementation and client acceptance of SumTotal product suites.
- Organize, lead and act as the SumTotal representative in remote and onsite customer project meetings. Produce minutes from these meetings and ensure actions are completed as agreed.
- Monitor on-site and remote day-to-day activities between the customer and SumTotal personnel.
- Review progress on projects managed by our partner network and utilize/built partner and customer relationships to enable successful project outcomes.
- Interact with SumTotal sales, customer support, product engineering, product management, and hosting operations to ensure continuity between the departments, to ensure successful project implementation and CSAT.
- Provide project management information to the customer in line with SumTotal governance standards. This will include, but is not limited to; financial reports, status reports, work plans, issue lists, agreed actions, risk notification, impact resolution plans, and lessons learned reports.
- Plan, monitor and control project schedule, resources, scope, and budget.
- Define and own corrective action plans and escalations in the event of any deviation from the project plan.
- Manage multiple ongoing projects from initiation through delivery utilizing Microsoft Project and other project management software.
- Manage project deliverables to ensure they remain in scope of the statement of work, and where deliverables fall out of scope, use the agreed change control procedures.
- Maintain a project repository with all associated documentation and deliverables.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders of the project, including preparing and delivering Steering Committee meetings.
- Attend Short Interval Meetings (SIM) for responding to project escalations with SumTotal Management team, or escalate issues pertaining to project to seek help from the SumTotal Management team.
- Generate additional and ongoing revenue opportunities with currently assigned projects and customer base.
- Development of Proposals and/or Statement of Work (SOW) and/or change orders.
Skills & Qualifications
- Must have experience managing projects as a billable member of the project management practice
- Demonstrate client relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience in Project Management of implementing Enterprise level software solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation & organizational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to motivate and lead cross-functional teams and professionals of all levels
- Proven cross-functional team success.
- Proven ability to define and document gap analysis and propose solutions.
- Ability to deliver projects - on-schedule and within budget.
- Able to plan & prioritize own workload to meet conflicting, varied and demanding deadlines.
- Planning and organizational skills to determine what needs to be done to deliver multiple projects with defined timescales, and to ensure this happens.
- Ability to project confidence to help customers make right decisions, utilizing the SumTotal and industry best practices.
- Ability to lead a group discussion
- Ability to engage with prospective customers, during the scope discovery phase
- Ability to drive the discussion towards controlling project scope and schedules
- Contribute to overall team success in delivery and pre-sales scenarios
- Ability to continuously improve and receive positive feedback from customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to manage tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead and successfully complete project with complex customer requirements
- Strong customer-facing presentation and facilitation skills
- High level of organizational skills and ability to coordinate the work of others
The following would also be highly beneficial
- PMP certification (or willing to work towards) or Prince2 certification or Managing Successful Programs (MSP) certification
- Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project.
- Experience with Salesforce (SFDC), OpenAir desirable.
- Extensive experience with HCM platforms - Experience in Learning Management or Talent Management and / or Workforce Management Solutions implementations.
- German Language
Adaptable and Agile. Responds quickly to the changing needs of the business and is resilient in the face of setbacks or adversity.
Confident & Audacious Achiever. Champions breakthrough initiatives and holds him/herself and others accountable for delivering. Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting without over-analysis.
Entrepreneurial Spirit with Learner’s Mindset. Is uncomfortable with simply maintaining "status quo" and is intellectually curious and demanding of excellence and continuous improvement.
Committed to our Collective Purpose. Leverages cross functional collaboration to solve complex business issues and drive greater results.
Authentic & Customer Centric. Never compromises integrity to achieve results while constantly being mindful of creating a positive customer experience both internally and externally. Adheres to an uncompromising set of core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; practices what he/she preaches. Acts with the highest standards of conduct and is seen as a direct, truthful individual.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we'd love for you to apply!
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or through other means.